Update configuration of PyCAMA for daily extractions
Configuration update for PDGS.
#1 Updated by Maarten Sneep over 1 year ago
- Due date set to 11/30/2018
The PyCAMA tool is now running for about 6 months on (near) operational data for most products. This also means that you have some experience with the output of PyCAMA and the reports on http://mpc-l2.tropomi.eu/
I think that this is a good moment to review the settings we use in PyCAMA. In particular:
- Are there parameters that can be removed from the list?
- Are there graphs that should be removed from the output? Specifically we can easily remove a parameter from the scatter density plots. Is there a parameter that doesn't add anything to those graphs?
- Are there parameters that should be monitored, but can be excluded from the L3 plots?
- Are the ranges of the histograms appropriate?
- Are there other errors in the output?
- Are we missing parameters?
This issue is for the configuration of PyCAMA. Feature requests can be added as issues to this project.
#6 Updated by Klaus-Peter Heue over 1 year ago
There is one variable for the OFFL report we want to include here as well as in the time dependent reports, namely the "effective_albedo". Range (-0.1 to 1.3)
I suggest to skip AMF trueness completely from the NRTI report - it is a function of SZA and this how it looks like in the report.
Moreover the data ranges for the following variables might be adapted:
O3 vertical column precision [mol/m^2]: 0 - 0.015 for NRTI and 0 - 0.01 for OFFL
Fitting RMS 0 - 0.006 for both
0.03 and stretch: + 0.01
Effective temperature NRTI 200 - 280 [K] no change for OFFL
O3 ghost column 0-0.01 only available in OFFL
#8 Updated by Maarten Sneep over 1 year ago
Some of you requested a different range for the histogram and the world-plot. This is already possible. If you want to use this, please update the configuration to include a 'map_range' key, with the desired range for your world plot. If not available, the data_range key will be used.
#9 Updated by Maarten Sneep over 1 year ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
As PyCAMA 0.9.0 has been released I'm closing this issue here. A new request will be made for PyCAMA 0.10.0, which will likely be the version used for collection 2 reprocessing and the start for long-term monitoring.